Do you have a PowerPoint presentation already created but need to turn it into a Google Slides presentation? Converting your PowerPoint presentation to Google Slides is a more manageable approach than just starting over from scratch. Learning how to convert PowerPoint to Google Slides is an essential skill that can make creating these presentations a lot easier, especially if different projects require different programs. This article will show you how to convert PPT to Google Slides so that you can easily handle this process next time you need to.
There are a few ways to do this: by converting the file, importing it, or using the Drag and Drop feature.
Converting PowerPoint to Google Slides
- The first step is to open Google Drive.
2. Once you open Google Drive, you will need to select New and go down to where it says, File Upload.
3. Choose the PowerPoint presentation that you want to convert.
4. After you have uploaded your PowerPoint presentation, right-click and select the option Open With, then choose Google Slides.
5. Select the File option on the toolbar, then choose Save As Google Slides.
Convert PowerPoint to Google Slides by importing the slides
- You start with the same step as opening up your Google Drive.
2. Select the Slides option, then open up the Blank Presentation.
3. Once you have loaded the new presentation, choose the File option from the menu at the top, then select Import Slides.
4. Upload your PowerPoint Presentation here.
Using Drag and Drop
If the file is on your local computer, you can use the simple Drag and Drop approach.
- You will start with opening Google Docs, then choosing Slides.
- At the top of the screen, where the upper-right corner of the app, you will see a File Picker option.
3. This screen has an option for Upload, where you can drag a file from your computer.
4. Open the folder where your PowerPoint presentation is located.
5. While the file is uploading, you will see a message. As soon as it’s complete, you can move onto opening the file. You should notice that it appears as you would want it to with Google Slides.
As you can see, this is a straightforward process, no matter which one of these steps you choose to use.
Even with how great the Google Suite is, sometimes people prefer the older approach of using the Microsoft tools to create their PowerPoint presentations. Whether you prefer using PowerPoint or don’t have the patience to learn a new approach, you can approach these presentations in any way that makes you happier. The problem with PowerPoint is that sharing with others and receiving feedback on your presentation isn’t as easy as it is with Google Slides. That’s why Google Slides has become the leading approach for these days. Now you can get the best of both worlds, allowing you to create on PowerPoint then converting your files when you’re done.
To convert a PowerPoint to Google Slides, first open Google Drive. Then, upload the PowerPoint file you want to convert by selecting New and then File Upload. Once uploaded, right-click on the file and choose Open With, then select Google Slides. Finally, click File in the toolbar and choose Save As Google Slides.
Another way to convert a PowerPoint presentation is by importing the slides. Start by opening Google Drive and creating a new Google Slides blank presentation. Then, select the File option from the menu and choose Import Slides. From here, you can upload the PowerPoint slides you want to import.
Yes, you can use Google Slides’ drag and drop feature to import a PowerPoint presentation in Google Slides. Start by opening Google Docs and selecting Slides. At the top of the screen, you’ll find a File Picker option. Here, you can drag the file from your device and drop it. Once the upload is complete, the presentation will open in Google Slides automatically.
While many people are familiar with Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides, some prefer Google Slides over Microsoft PowerPoint because sharing presentations and receiving feedback is more straightforward with Google Slides. Additionally, Google Slides is an online platform, making it easier to access and share your presentation online from any device with a Google account.
When you convert a PowerPoint presentation into a Google Slides file, Google Slides aims to “keep the original theme” and design as much as possible. However, there might be slight variations due to differences between PowerPoint and Google Slides functionalities. It’s always a good idea to review the converted presentation to ensure everything looks as expected.