A QR code is an easy way to share a link to your presentation, Facebook group, Youtube channel, or email address while avoiding the need to manually type long URLs. In this post, I’ll tell you how to create a QR code for free and fast.
What types of links you can use with QR codes?
- Any URLs of pages or profiles on the web, as well as apps in the AppStore and Play Market
- QR code can include simple text
- Email: email address and a prepared message
- Phone number
- SMS: phone number and a prepared message
- VCard, MeCard
- Geolocation on a map
- Links to profiles, groups, and pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube
- Information about WI-Fi network settings for Internet connection
- Information about an event with the start and end date, name, and address
- Addresses of cryptocurrency wallets for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others
- Links to MP3, Videos, PDFs, image files and other types
Instruction: How to make a QR code?
I use the QR code generator QRcode-Monkey because it’s free and doesn’t limit the number of scans.
- Open the online service for generating code in your browser.
- In the menu at the top choose the type of link you want for your code: url, text, email, phone, sms, vcard, or other. You can use a universal url format for any type of link.
- In the “Your url” field, insert your link.
- Customize the color and appearance of the code. You can change the colors of the code, add default social network logos, or upload your own logo.
- Click the “Download” button and download the necessary QR code format. You can choose several file types such as PNG, SVG, PDF, or EPS. Wait until the file downloads. The QR code will be saved on your computer. Check that the code works after it has been downloaded.
This QR code can be scanned by iPhone or Android smartphones. You can use the standard camera and no need to install additional applications.
This is a quick video tutorial on how to create a QR code, customize its appearance, and add it to your presentation. I recommend reading more about using QR codes in Keynote, Google slides and PowerPoint presentation. It will allow you to expand your opportunities for interaction with your audience.
A QR code is a simple and free way to share information with users. Now almost all smartphone cameras support QR code scanning with no need to install additional applications – this makes the sphere of code usage very wide. Using a QR code in your presentation will help increase audience engagement and conversion rates.