When making a presentation, you want to make sure that you use vivid imagery that captures the attentiveness of your audience and makes them want to hang onto every word you share with them. One of the best methods to do this is to add imagery to your PowerPoint slides. The mind is easily distracted—you can help your audience stay tuned into your presentation by giving them something on which to focus!
That being said, if you’re not familiar with PowerPoint, understanding how to select more than one photo, creating picture layouts, and making photo slides can seem like a daunting task. Luckily, this task becomes simple with the right set of tools, and we’re here to give them to you!
How to Make Photo Slides
To learn how to use images in PowerPoint, you first need to start at the beginning and examine how to make photo slides. Understanding how to make such slides will give you a necessary foundation with which to work. When you become familiar with the basics of this step, you can experiment with different settings to learn more about how to make your slideshow unique.
- Open PowerPoint and create a new presentation. After you’ve done this, you’ll want to save the PowerPoint right away so that your information will be kept and a copy of the PowerPoint can be recovered if anything goes wrong. Periodically save your work as you progress throughout your photo slides.
- Add a new slide to your presentation. You can do this by looking at the Home tab and selecting the New Slide option.
- Once you’ve completed this, it will be time to import your pictures. You can import by going to the Insert tab, clicking on Picture, and selecting From File.
- You’ve done it! Now, all that is to do is to format the picture to your preferences and add more content!
How to Import More than One Image to PowerPoint
If you have many images that you want to feature in your photo slides, you’re going to have to either repeat the above process many times or use the photo gallery feature of PowerPoint.
- To make use of the photo gallery feature, open PowerPoint, but don’t open the presentation with which you’re working. Instead, click Insert at the top of the window and then click on the Photo Album icon to start a new photo album project.
- Select all the photos you’d like to use. Select Ctrl + A to pick all the pictures or Ctrl + click to select individual images. Click Insert to upload the photos and then Save to save your project.
- Go to the first slide (the title slide) and delete it.
- Now close your photo album and go to your main PowerPoint presentation. Go to the Home tab and look for the New Slides button. Click the downward-facing arrow next to the New Slides button and select Reuse Slides.
- Click Browse. You’ll see the photo album you just created. Click Open.
- When all the slides have been opened, right-click one of the slides and select Insert All Slides.
- Congrats! All of your images are now photo slides!